Thursday, January 28, 2010

Tip for our Ad-Hold Customers

Here is a great tip to help maximize your on-hold messaging program....



BIG TIP: Since the Ad-Hold programming only helps you when a prospect or customer actually hears the program, here is a tip to help make sure that your professionally produced message gets heard.



Ring, Ring...



Company Rep: Hello this is XYZ company, my name is Jonathan, how can I help you?

Caller: Hello is Bob available?

Company Rep: I think so let me check. (Place them on hold and let them hear the on-hold messages for about 10 seconds...no more. Pick the phone back up and say if he is available)...Yes Bob is available, let me get him for you, please hold just one moment. (If Bob is not available, tell them, take a message or transfer to voicemail.)



Another tactic...is that whenever you answer the phone...tell the person calling...Hello "caller"...this is Jonathan...I am glad you called..let me get to my desk...or let me get a pen...or hold one second while I grab my notebook.


The key is to give most everyone that calls a chance to hear your on-hold program for a brief time everytime they call. If you do this...then you will start reaping the benefits of the on-hold program and it will start to pay you back. Dont worry...no one minds waiting just a few seconds if you give them a good reason and you are quick about it.

These tactics actually work and if you learn the right word tracks they can be legitamately used everytime without fear of annoying your caller.

Remember..a good Ad-Hold program will capture attention, boost image, promote your services, improve customer service resulting in more business for you.

ANOTHER TIP: Did you know that with most business voice mail systems you have the option to have your callers either hear your hold messages or actuall ringing when you transfer them to an extension. Ask your phone technician what options are available with your system.



Not an Ad-Hold customer yet...see if our Ad-Hold service is right for you by going to http://www.adhold.com/.

No comments: